COLLEGE DORM DECOR SERIES - PART 2

July 17, 2013
Hey girly girls! I am back with part 2 of my college dorm decor tips!!!

Today I want to talk to you all about the power and importance of command hooks and tape. As much of you know or will soon find out that you can't put holes (meaning nails) in the walls of your dorm. This is where command hooks and tape come into save the day! I can not tell you how many of these I used in my dorm room last year (if I had to guess it was at least in the 30's).

I will now try to show you where I used them in my dorm and what kind of command hook/ tape was used for each project.

For the picture Frame above my desk I used these Picture hanging strips! They come in different sizes and strengths depending on how heavy the picture you are hanging is. They have a interlocking velcro that keeps your pictures in place and will make taking them down a breeze when it comes time to move out. My suitemate used double sided tape on all of the things she hung on the wall and when she went to take it off the wall during move out she ended up ripping a huge piece of paint and drywall off the wall. With these it will be super easy for you to put them up and take them down.


I am a huge sucker for beautiful lighting in bedrooms and with my only options in my dorm being either the bright florescent lighting or natural sunlight. I decided these icicle lights would be the perfect solution to give me a more relaxing space. Command sells decorating clips that are perfect for hanging strings of lights! I loved these and even though they look small and you think these little babies wouldn't be able to hold the weight of the lights you are wrong! I didn't have one single problem with my lights the entire year. 

Last but not least are the hooks that most people associate command hooks with. This is the most versatile command hook and can literally be used for anything from hanging your towel to hanging your keys by the door. My favorite use for these however is hanging them on the inside of my closet to hang all my jewelry. This made it super simple to accessorize when getting dressed in the morning.

I hope you find these tips useful and helpful! 

Check back soon for part 3 of my College Dorm Decor Series!
1 comment on "COLLEGE DORM DECOR SERIES - PART 2"
  1. Wow, your dorm really is very girly. I wish my dorm room looked like this when I was in college. I had an orange girly theme going on on my side of the dorm and my roommate was very tomboyish. She had a set of college football bedding and sport posters everywhere. Our dorm didn't look that nice but we had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature