COLLEGE DORM DECOR SERIES

July 10, 2013
I have been getting tons and I mean tons of questions from my friends and friends of friends asking me that best ways to decorate a dorm room. To be honest I really didn't think I was "The almighty Dorm Decorator" but I guess I am. *pats myself on the back*

This is going to be the first of a series of dorm posts that I am going to be doing because if I put it all in one post you would be reading a novel.

FreshmanYear Dorm Room



For today I want to talk about dorm room bedding! In reality this is like the foundation of your room. 99% of all dorm rooms are going to have tan or white walls so you really want to pick out something out that describes you as a whole and is somewhat colorful! ( I however chose a black and white comforter but that's just because I am into a very sleek and classic look )

Another thing that a lot of people make the mistake of doing is buying a Twin XL comforter instead of a full. Coming from first hand experience a full size comforter is the way to go! Not only can you pull it down longer in the front to cover the mess that will most likely accumulate under your bed but when you move out and into an apartment which for most kids is their sophomore year in college you wont be stuck having to buy a brand new comforter (since most apartments come with a full).

Some websites that have great dorm room bedding that I have found would be
1. ) PBteen (mid to high price range)
2. ) Urban Outfitters (mid to high price range)
3. ) Anthropology (extremely pricey unless on sale)
4. ) bed bath and beyond (the best deal for your buck)

Some other optional items you can add to your bedding would be a good mattress pad and a tempurpedic squishy thing to lay on top of the mattress under the mattress pad. I say these are optional items because in reality you don't need them BUT I promise you they will make your bed 100% more comfortable and lets face it you are going to be living in this bed 8 months out of the year so you might as well make it as comfy as you can.

I really enjoyed having a little throw blanket at the end of my bed as well that I could use instead of my comforter on nights when it was particularly hot in the room or say I wanted to take a nap in between classes and didn't want to have to unmake my whole bed and get under the covers. Throw blankets are also great to take if you are spending the night in a friends room because I can assure you the chance of them having an extra blanket for you are slim to none.

I think that is all I can think of for the bed section of this post if you have any further questions feel free to leave me a comment and I will be sure to get back to you within 24 hours. I hope you found this helpful and I will see you in my next post.


3 comments on "COLLEGE DORM DECOR SERIES"
  1. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. essays for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since he obviously remained enthralled with women, he must have discovered some tricks to studying with maximum efficiency in the least amount of time. the college essay guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. buy instagram likes by country

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature