LIVING A SIMPLE LIFE

January 10, 2015


Simple Living: encompasses a number of different voluntary practices to simplify one's lifestyle. These may include reducing one's possessions or increasing self-sufficiency, for example.

In 2015 I want to simplify my life in all aspects! I began this idea of simple living back in 2014, yet it wasn't until this winter break that I really took the first step to make a change! If you would like to see my first post about wanting to live a simpler life click HERE. I recommend reading that post to understand exactly how I intend to achieve a simpler lifestyle since I go further in depth in that blog post!

When it comes to possessions I want to only keep the necessities and purge anything that I no longer use or have purpose for. I have already began this process in my room at my parents house and I feel so much better about myself after going through all the nooks and crannies of my bedroom. I donated  two full bins of products to my mom's office full of Bath and Body Works lotions, sprays, body washes, etc. It was actually embarrassing seeing how many things I had stashed away in my bedroom and bathroom. My mom said "If you never bought another lotion in your life you would have still had more than a life time supply" so knowing that someone else will use find purpose for things that have been sitting under my sink for years makes me feel extremely refreshed! 

I also took four bags of clothing to Goodwill that I had at my parents house! For those of you that don't know I live in Tallahassee 75% of the time and only at my parents during the winter and summer! However, knowing that I would be spending this summer in New York I decided it was finally time to get rid of the majority of the clothing that I had been holding onto and storing at there house. Am I the only one that has a hard time getting rid of clothing... I feel like I'm always sitting there going "Well I might wear this one more time?" 

I am currently spending my Saturday at my apartment in Tallahassee going through all my belongings up here and getting rid of anything that I no longer see fit! 
I will be doing updates throughout the year on how my journey of a simpler lifestyle is going!


 Will you join me in my journey to live a simplified life?
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature